Monday, August 30, 2010

The Chicken Pox



While we were out in Utah we celebrated Jerry's and Amber's birthdays together. We had a bbq with family and friends, which was a lot of fun, except for the fact that Jerry broke out with Chicken Pox that day. As I was undressing him to put him in his swimming suit I noticed all of these marks all over his chest and back. When I showed them to my mom and sister they knew immediately that he had the chicken pox. Who gets chicken pox? You never hear of people getting it anymore, but I guess Jerry does. Even though I am sure he was itchy and uncomfortable the following week, he was a good trooper. He was only grumpy for a couple of days, the rest of the time I thought he did really well. I guess 2 good things came of it. We got to stay in Utah for an extra 5 days, since the airline wouldn't let us fly until he was no longer contagious. And he got to skip one of his immunization shots, which is always a nice thing. Now I just hope that the scars on his face and body will go away, but if not I guess they will just give him more character.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That looks like the worst! Hopefully he wasn't too miserable through the whole thing.