Monday, January 24, 2011

Ruby Claire Hansen

So baby Ruby was born on Jan 22, at 5:32 pm weighing in at 8lbs 9.5 oz, and was 19.5 inches long. We initially named her Ruby Abigail Hansen, but Kristen decided that she wasn't too keen on the middle name, hence the switch to Claire. Here are some pictures of the new baby girl.


As you can see, she has very red skin so her name fits her. The doctor says that means that she will most likely be fair skinned, so we will now have two transparent children instead of just one.



We were wondering how Jerry would react and so far,he has really been kind to her. He loves to give her kisses.


The most exciting thing about Ruby's name is that there are endless possibilities for nick names. So far, we have Rubik's cube, Ruby Tuesday, Rubydoobydoo, Mcruber, Mcrube (for those of you who love the Mcrib). I am sure we will come up with more.

9 comments:

Rachael said...

Oh my goodness, she is beautiful!! We also really liked the name Ruby so that is funny, guess you beat us too it!! JK I hope you are all doing well, congrats!

Amber said...

Ruby is gorgeous! I love her name too. Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

OOOOO, I can't wait to hold that little gem!!Congrats

Aubrey said...

So cute!!! Congrats! I love the name!!

Binny said...

She is so cute and I love those chubby cheeks! Congartulations, I love the name and the nicknames too!

Unknown said...

What a cute name! Congrats guys!

The Johnson's said...

Congrats! I don't know what to say other than she is a doll!!! She's making me baby hungry!

Lora said...

Congrats!!

Jacklyn said...

I can't believe that I have not seen her yet! She is a doll and I like transparent children Jarom, I think their cute. And she makes Jerry look so huge...what the heck he is still a baby!