Sunday, June 28, 2009

Heart Walk

Kristen and I decided to volunteer for the heart walk in Lexington. We took Pippin along thinking that he would enjoy seeing all the other dogs and he did; we just didn't realize that he wasn't up for the whole "walking" part. He moved slower than molasses going uphill in winter time compared to all other people and pets. Even a Welsh Corgi with a bum leg moved faster than Pip. After about 100 yards, he stopped, took a HUGE DUMP, and needed to rest. I decided that I would just carry him for a while after that. Our friends, the Chandlers, volunteered their stroller so that I wouldn't have to carry him the whole time, so Pippin spent the majority of the walk in their stroller. It was pretty sad. We were the last ones to finish
Kristen seems to have made friends with most of the little kids in the ward. I know that she will make a great mother in just a few more weeks! (This picture was taken during the 1st 100 yards of the 3 mile trek.)

No comments: