Sunday, June 28, 2009

Washington DC

Kristen and I decided to meet my sister Erica and her family out in Washington DC for the weekend. It only took us 8 hours to drive there from Kentucky and we were able to see a lot of stuff in only 2 1/2 days. The best part about Washington is that everything is free. All the museums and historical sites are free for the public so it made for a relatively cheap vacation. Us in front of the White House. Erica said you could see the "garden" that Michelle Obama had planted from the fence, but I must have missed it. What a facade.
The walk along the reflection pool to the Lincoln Memorial has to be more than a mile, and I was so proud of Kristen for not complaining once during the whole trip about her feet hurting, even though I know they must have been. Over the whole weekend we must have walked at least 15-20 miles.

This picture was taken at the Air and Space museum. I just had to put it in because of how big Kristens belly is getting! She didn't know I was taking this picture.


I would encourage everyone that goes to Washington to go to Arlington Cemetery and walk the mile up to the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. This was one of my favorite parts of the whole trip because it made me proud to be in the Army; even though I will only be a dentist, and see the sacrifice that so many soldiers have made for their country. Every one should read about what it takes to become one of the guards of this tomb. http://www.arlingtoncemetery.org/ceremonies/sentinelsotu.html



You can't be LDS and miss going to see the temple while you are in Washington. We went on the last day that we were there and it was the perfect day for it, although the heat and humidity were out in full force.




7 comments:

Lora said...

Oh my gosh! You guys blog?!

Nice to catch up with ya and see what you have been up to lately. I guess I have been a little out of the loop since I had no clue that you did any of that.

John and Erin said...

It's nice to see you guys back on the blogging wagon!!! John and I were cracking up at these posts!!!

Unknown said...

I told you i check your blog. 4 blogs in like an hour. Does this mean you guys aren't gonna post again til january? Just joshin'. I like your pictures and captions. Funny stuff. You guys are good at doing activities other than the typical hansen movies and eating and movies and movies.

Binny said...

You guys look like you have had a lot of fun. Kristen looks so cute all prego.

Christine said...

Kristen! you are the cutest little thing pregnant. Im so sad I don't hear a lot from you guys so I'm glad the blog is updated. LOVE YOU GUYS! p.s. are you coming to utah for a baby shower kristin?

Rachael said...

Tyler and I went to DC last summer after I graduated because my relatives are back there. I love there, besides the humidity. It is good to get some updates on you guys, so excited for your little one to come. Let us know when she arrives, any names yet?? Are you coming to Utah anytime soon?

Jacklyn said...

Luke saw this and said hey there's Jarom and Kristen. Nice to see you blogging again and thanks for looking out for Ramz while I'm gone!